To all those who are rushing off to Google “Mea Arbitria”, it means My Awards in Latin. Hope I saved you some time. And to all those who already knew what it meant, give yourselves a pat on your back and know that your mom is real proud of you.
Now coming to the purpose of this page – No, this is not me being a narcissistic d-bag, nor have a couple of awards “gone to my head”. I’m NOT creating this page because I have an uncontrollable need to show off.
Why am I doing it? Good question. Wish I knew the answer to that one. May be because I don’t really believe in awards or may be because I got one too many to post it on my main page at a time (now THAT was show off!).
Why don’t I believe in awards? Check this post for further details.
Any-who, here are my awards and the sweet people who gave thought my little blog was worthy of them.
The One Lovely Blog Award
Thank you Santu, for this wonderful tribute!! I’m really honored that you think my blog is lovely. I could’ve done without the huge pink heart, but I guess that is not your fault.
Anyways, the rules for this award are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post. (Just did! What-up?!)
- Share 7 things about yourself (Oh dear Lord!)
- Nominate 15 or so bloggers you admire (Hmmm…)
- Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know (Erm… I was kind of iffy to chose bloggers in the first place.)
Okay, now, the first one is already done! The second one will be done in the end.
And I promise you, I’ll come up with a better reason for not choosing other bloggers (and 15 of them at that!) than
- It’s way too much work and you know how lazy I am!
- If I choose 15 bloggers, won’t the others feel left out?
- Suppose I do choose 15 bloggers, wouldn’t that mean I’ll have to go to each of their blogs, and let them know that they have won? Once again, read my name and tell me what you feel.
So instead of doing all that I dedicate this award and all my upcoming awards to all my WordPress followers and my silent followers, and my email followers, and the ones whom I follow (Boy! That’s a lot of people!).
Ahem, now moving on, here’s my second award :
The Versatile Blogger Award
Thank you Pigeonheadophobia for thinking that my blog deserved this award. I know there was no picture when you gave me this award. I had to search for one. Please do not judge me.
Now, the very different and diverse rules for this one include :
- Create a new post. (I did one better! I created a new page!)
- Thank the lovely person who nominated you for the award. (Ooh, I forgot to mention you’re lovely!)
- Pass it on to your fellow bloggers. (Yeah…Ahem)
- State 7 random facts about you. (Now you see why I kept that part for the last.)
Again, the first two are very meticulously taken care of. As far as the passing on goes, it can be accepted by anyone and every one who-so-ever is willing to accept it!
Hmm… The easy part is done. Now for the hard part. Introspection time!!
- I believe in Karma. Not in fate! But in karma! As in, Newton’s Third Law – Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. You reap what you sow. And I also believe in the silver lining behind a dark cloud thingy. Also if things seem too good to be true, they probably are.
- I’m an agnostic. And contrary to popular belief, it does NOT mean circumstantial believer. It means that, while I believe in some force/law/something that controls everything, I also find praying/talking/doing whatever priests and people do to stone carvings or idols of imaginary deities a bit superfluous.
- I’m a practical person. I do not believe in doing stuff, just for the sake of doing it. Although, I’ve been doing it for around three years (College!), so I’m also a bit skeptical about that.
- I’m a movie, T.V. and game buff and also an ardent music fan. I love watching movies over and over again. But only the ones that I love. Same goes for music. Sometimes I play the song I just finished hearing again, just because.
- I read according to my mood. And it is not pertinent to book (novel) genres. I read newspapers on a whim, and comics when I feel a bit low. The other books are just for pleasure, and some I read are just because of peer pressure.
- I’m a very different person, than what is portrayed on my blog (i.e here). I am a very shy, secretive introvert, who is kind of a geek, who finds it hard to strike up a conversation with a real person. Hard to believe, huh? Well, just be glad, you’ll never get to meet me!
- I love anonymity! I know, that goes without saying, but still. All this free speech examples you see on my blog are based on the single foundation that I’m anonymous. None of my family/friends read my blog (any more), and the few blogger friends that I have, don’t have a clue about me. Unless, you’re jobless enough and you’ve the stalking skills of a CIA agent! You know who you are!
Phew! Now that I’m done with that, I’d like to clear myself up here. I want to thank both Santu and Pigeonheadophobia once again for giving me these wonderful awards and I’m sorry for not playing by the rules exactly. It’s just that, I don’t have a huge reader base to brag about, and I’m afraid that if I miss out on even one person/blog, I’ll probably end up losing a good friend.
Or, on second thought, I’ll pass each of these awards to two other bloggers and state the reason why I’m giving it to them:
- You hate awards.
- I know you hate awards.
- I just love messing with you!
It also helps that you’re a POTTERHEAD!
There goes each of my awards and it’s time for my coffee. So, until next time, ciao.
P.S I should’ve probably added this to my “Random things” – I love coffee and dark chocolate!
P.P.S Having a slight mention of coffee somewhere in all of my upcoming posts is going to be my new thing.